Beginning Steps offers play-based, developmentally appropriate instruction in each of our classrooms.
On site, we offer:
- Infants I – 6 weeks to 9 months
- Infants II – 9 months to 14 months
- Toddlers – 15 months to 24 months
- 2 year olds
- 3 year olds
- Preschool – 4 and 5 year olds
We also offer convenient before and after school care, as well as supervised care during holidays and school breaks.
Everything we do with our children culminates in an award-winning preschool curriculum, based on The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool, which emphasizes the identification of the knowledge, skills, and concepts that are important for children to acquire in literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology.
- In Literacy, our teachers focus on vocabulary and language, phonological awareness, letters, words, print, comprehension, books and other texts, and sources of enjoyment
- For Mathematics, we work on numbers; patterns and relationships; geometry and spatial awareness; measurement; and data collection, organization, and representation;
- With Science, children learn about physical science, life science, and earth and the environment;
- In Social Studies, lessons emphasize spaces and geography, people and how they live, people and the environment, and people and the past;
- The Arts offer us an opportunity to expose children to dance, music, drama, and the visual arts;
- And finally, in Technology, our students learn an awareness of technology, basic operations and concepts, technological tools, and people and technology
By offering a mix of play-based learning and structured study, children who have participated in our program at Beginning Steps are well-prepared for the more rigorous environment of kindergarten. These days, children are expected to enter the school system more ready-to-learn than ever before. Our children are prepared to take on this challenge.